So what will Quicktime 7.5.5 break?

So what will Quicktime 7.5.5 break? (September 10, 2008 12:43AM) KB
Ahhh... another update to QT and another week spent wasting my time searching for postings about what it breaks in the Pro apps or doesn't break.

Shall we start a pool on this one?
Re: So what will Quicktime 7.5.5 break? (September 10, 2008 04:04AM) Kevin Monahan
I'm not makin' a move for a little while. Make sure the coast is clear.
Re: So what will Quicktime 7.5.5 break? (September 10, 2008 08:00AM) ronny courtens
Updated to QT 5.5 this morning (Belgium): several MBPs and Intel Quads running Leopard and one G5 running Tiger.

All machines have been working since and no problems at all. 3rd party QT components work as well. Make sure your OS and ProApps are fully updated before upgrading QT and don't forget to Repair Permissions after upgrading QT (this is the most common cause of any updating problems).

So, this seems OK. But hey... I may just be very lucky.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: So what will Quicktime 7.5.5 break? (September 10, 2008 01:09PM) John Livings
Hi Ronny,

Have you had a chance to run Shake with the new QT update(7.5.5)?

Regards, John
Re: So what will Quicktime 7.5.5 break? (September 10, 2008 05:18PM) ronny courtens
Hi John,

Just did a rotoscope on some footage in Shake. Everything plays fine. Have you heard of any issues we should be aware of ?

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: So what will Quicktime 7.5.5 break? (September 10, 2008 06:05PM) John Livings
Hi Ronny,

Thanks for your input.

No, I haven't heard anything negative Yet, And I hope it stays that way.

I was just a little concerned with SHAKE, As it is no longer supported.

Again thanks, John
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login