Where is the chapter markers list?

Where is the chapter markers list? (December 27, 2011 05:13AM) Andyc303
Hope someone can help out here:

(I'm using FCP6, DVDS4 and my project is anamorphic, standard widescreen settings)

I have a project in DVDS4 which is a new version of a project I've done twice already, so I kind of know what I'm doing, but I have this odd problem which I can't work out. In this project, I've added a first play title of about 8 seconds (no illegal copying etc), which then kicks into the main menu. I need to add stories and scripts, as before, to play different elements in different menus, but although I have imported all those elements in a 40 minute track, and the chapter markers are showing on the track, there is no list of chapter markers as I have had in the other two projects I have done - so I cannot assign the stories to any elements in the track.

Instead, when I have the option of assigning an element of the track to a button on one of the menus via a story, so that the menu in the inspector appears with its various options ('not set', 'resume', 'menus', 'tracks and stories' etc), if I go to the tracks and stories, the chapters I imported from FCP6 are there, but prefaced by the name of the 8 second play first track I created (i.e. a location where they cannot possible be) rather than the name of the track containing all the elements (i.e. where they should be).

I can't see why this is happening so - can anyone tell me what I have done wrong/what is going on and how I can to sort it out?

Thanks a lot

Andy
Re: Where is the chapter markers list? (December 27, 2011 11:45AM) Ken Stone Admin
No chapter markers, maybe you did not export properly from FCP. Or, maybe when you created 'Markers' in the FCP timeline, you did not designate that they by DVD SP Chapter markers. How did you export from FCP, and did you go into Compressor or straight to DVD SP?

--ken

Re: Where is the chapter markers list? (December 27, 2011 09:09PM) Andyc303
No, as I said, the chapter markers are there, visible on the track, as they should be, but do not appear in the list form for me to add to a story. They were all designated as DVD SP chapter markers, with the DVDSP check box ticked when exported to QT movie. I then to compressor. The chapters are available from the menu in the inspector, it's just they seem to be linked to the wrong track somehow...

Andy
Re: Where is the chapter markers list? (December 28, 2011 10:13AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: Where is the chapter markers list? (December 28, 2011 08:55PM) Andyc303
Sorted - basic error: I hadn't clicked on the correct track before adding stories...

Cheers
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login