24p situation

24p situation (December 31, 2011 04:52AM) steve douglas
Hey folks, I received the below email this morning and am not sure how to answer him. Any suggestions?
" I am having with some clips... The suspects in this mystery were shot 720/24PN as is all the rest of the media in the project from that specific shoot... Nothing fancy just interviews... When I screen the clips, either on the desk top or in the viewer, all is well with the world... When I put them in the timeline, however, the video stutters, almost as if frames are missing, while there is no problem, that I can tell, with the audio. If I render everything still no change and if I copy the sequence from the browser and paste it into a new sequence so it is just one video and 2 audio tracks it still stutters... In another project, that I don't know yet but I am trying that today."

Steve
Re: 24p situation (December 31, 2011 05:07AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Steve,

I think that you need more info. What Mac and Mac OS? What camera, what codec? I wonder if the footage was shot at 23.98 or at 24 fps. What are his/her sequence settings?

--ken
Re: 24p situation (December 31, 2011 11:44AM) Trig Simon
Steve, did you try putting the clips into a new sequence, so FCP can select the settings for the clip automatically?

Trig
Re: 24p situation (January 01, 2012 04:33AM) steve douglas
Thanks Trig, I did know that and I have sent Ken's questions to the reader who had emailed me this problem. Just haven't heard back from him yet.

Okay, just got another email from him..lets see if we can advice him.

"I shot all of it on a Panasonic HVX 200, DVC Pro HD, camera set to 720/24pn, 720p60, linear. All the clips in the project are 23.98... I am using snow leopard, don't like it at all, on a 3 yr old Macbook Pro, 8gigs ram. Time base is 23.98, compressor is DVC Pro HD 720p60 since it is the only close option in the settings menu. 48 KHz depth is 16 bit. I am at a loss... I even tried a new project and the same thing, plays fine stand alone or in the viewer but stuttering in the canvas and timeline......... Thanks for trying to help, RM"

Steve

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login