Harddrive from MacBook Pro is reject by MacPro at wk. Why?

Harddrive from MacBook Pro is reject by MacPro at wk. Why? (February 05, 2012 01:35AM) lindop.tim
When I plug in myt lacie portable drive that I use on my MacBook Pro laptop to transfer files into my work's MacPro Desktop, I get a bubble that says drive is incompatible, unreadable, to the desktop, and am invited to reformat drive. What am I missing
Re: Harddrive from MacBook Pro is reject by MacPro at wk. Why? (February 05, 2012 04:14AM) David Harbsmeier
How is the drive formatted? Macs will read/write to Mac OS Extended (aka HFS+) and FAT 32. If the drive is formatted as NTFS, you'll need to download and install a utility for your other Mac to access the drive.

-DH
Re: Harddrive from MacBook Pro is reject by MacPro at wk. Why? (February 05, 2012 11:40PM) lindop.tim
Hi,

I plugged to Lacie into my laptop straight from the box and it worked. For that matter, it worked on a different desktop, as well...everywhere except for the one at work. I therefore don't know what the LACIE was formatted at originally. I am admettedly not very bright when it comes to these things. You say I need to get a utility for the desktop...can you walk me through that?

Thanks
Re: Harddrive from MacBook Pro is reject by MacPro at wk. Why? (February 06, 2012 10:19AM) Ken Stone Admin
Plug the drive into a Mac that recognizes it, select the drive on the desktop and 'command i' from the keyboard. In the info box it will tell you how the drive is formatted.

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login