How can I "try" FCP X with 7 still on hard drive?

How can I "try" FCP X with 7 still on hard drive? (February 18, 2012 01:13PM) Draomin
Have FCP 7 - want to try FCP X but am not willing to rip 7 off my
hard drive to facilitate this. I like a few of the new features but I'm
not willing to jump though hoops since I am still not impressed with
what I see on the reviews of X.

Thanks,

Dr. A. Omin
Re: How can I "try" FCP X with 7 still on hard drive? (February 18, 2012 01:24PM) Ken Stone Admin
You can install FCP X onto a boot drive that is also running FCP 7. It's not an issues and most everyone I know is running both with no problems.

You can have only one version of FCP open at a time.

--ken
Re: How can I "try" FCP X with 7 still on hard drive? (February 18, 2012 01:33PM) Draomin
Many thanks!
Re: How can I "try" FCP X with 7 still on hard drive? (February 18, 2012 01:42PM) Ken Stone Admin
When you install FCP X, the FC Studio apps will be moved into a new folder in your applications folder. The new folder is called 'Final Cut Studio' and all of the studio apps will be inside.

--ken
Re: How can I "try" FCP X with 7 still on hard drive? (February 19, 2012 03:59AM) ronny courtens
And don't pay any serious attention to the reviews, neither the positive nor the negative ones. Try it out, and do it seriously without playing around, then decide for yourself if this new app fits into your specific workflow or not.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login