FCP X Cannot burn a DVD by using Share

FCP X Cannot burn a DVD by using Share (March 29, 2012 08:28AM) JReed3
iMac
2.8 GHz, i7
8gb ram
Quad core
SR#: W894662K5Ru

Recently installed FCP X. I cannot burn a DVD when using Share, DVD. I can export to mov or send the files to my hard drive. My videos range in time from very short, 2 minutes or less to long, 2 plus hours. After making the necessary edits, additions, etc, I now export it out as an mov file. Once I have the mov file, I drop it into DVD SP and it will burn out to the DVD. I have spoken with Apple several times about the problem, but they have provide no help at all. I have reinstalled FCP X with the same results.

Any suggestions?
Re: FCP X Cannot burn a DVD by using Share (March 29, 2012 09:33AM) dscott77
Here's a response I just posted to someone with a similar issue, and is useful if you have "Compressor." No idea why this is happening all of a sudden. I've successfully used FCP X "Share" to burn both AVCHD and Standard disks, no problems. Until now. Anyway, here is what worked for me:

Had the same "bit rate is too high" problem (although I COULD successfully create via "share" an AVCHD disk but NOT a Standard version) and here's what I did:

1.In Compressor, selected DVD

2. Clicked on video source (in top window)

3. Produced Inspector window permitting lowering of Average and Maximum bit rates

4. Set Average to 6.6 and Max to 8.0

That did it. I was able to complete a disk burn without getting the "bit rate too high" error message.

My average and max are purely guesses so I'll probably experiment to see if I can push them higher. However, the standard version looks pretty danged good. Of course, the AVCHD is much, much better.

This must be a bug, since I've "shared" from FCP X AVCHD and Standard lots of times in recent months.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login