After Effects Error; unable to allocate space for a ...image buffer

After Effects Error; unable to allocate space for a ...image buffer (July 18, 2013 09:39AM) susanhea
I am running OS6.8 and CS4 with 16GB RAM. This dialogue box comes up every time I try to do anything. We are working in 3:1 but very large format. 60 feet by 20 feet. What do you suggest?

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Susan
Re: After Effects Error; unable to allocate space for a ...image buffer (July 18, 2013 05:55PM) ronny courtens
This message is famous in AE world and there are many things that can cause it to appear. Basically it says it cannot cache your image in virtual memory. This can be due to many, many reasons.

What are your Comp settings?
Are you using any layers or objects inside your comp that are wider than 20,000 pixels?

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: After Effects Error; unable to allocate space for a ...image buffer (July 19, 2013 03:03AM) susanhea
3000x1000 px. I am projecting on a 60 x20 ft space. I wasn't sure how big to make it. I started out with 6000x2000 (3:1)
Re: After Effects Error; unable to allocate space for a ...image buffer (July 19, 2013 07:05AM) ronny courtens
The problem is not with your project size, that's not really big.

Do you have any huge stills or 3D objects in one of your comp layers? The message says it cannot allocate space for a 25531x12489 image buffer, so you must have something around that size in your project ?

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: After Effects Error; unable to allocate space for a ...image buffer (July 18, 2013 09:08PM) David Harbsmeier
60 x 20 feet? Video is measured in pixels, not inches or feet. Are you referring to a projection screen size?

-DH
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login