Video output to Matrox MXO2 FCPX

Video output to Matrox MXO2 FCPX (August 07, 2013 09:28PM) pnutsnz
Hi all, just recently I have updated to a Macbook Pro i5 17" laptop, along the way I have updated to FCPX (10.0.8).Originally I was not going to as my initial thoughts were, "Oh know, just another iMovie app beefed up". But I was wrong!. It really is an excellent program / update. So will be supporting it 100%.

Anyway... part of the updating series of stuff that I have had to do is install the drivers for the Matrox MXO2 LE card that I have. This is where I have a problem, as I can 'see' the card within system preferences, and it seems to be driven okay.
But when I go into FCPX to set the output for display via the Matrox, I get the drop menu reading,"Nothing available".
I have tried to set the output to HDMI & Composite, no success.
One thing I did notice was I can jump into the HDMI calibration with preferences and go through the calibrate process, and everything I do is displayed on the screen for analyzing, but when I get to the end of the CAL process and select current CAL, it returns the message <could not save calibration>, and then cannot go any further.

I had this setup working perfectly with previous system running FCP6.0.5, no probe.

Have been to Matrox website and I am pretty sure I have the latest download for the Matrox MXO.

Thanks everyone.

Regards,
Pete
Re: Video output to Matrox MXO2 FCPX (August 08, 2013 09:42AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Pete,

Have you written to Matrox Support for help with this issue?

--ken
Re: Video output to Matrox MXO2 FCPX (August 08, 2013 11:22PM) pnutsnz
Thanks Ken,

I will do that now. Thought I would try the knowledge base first :).

Regards,

Pete
Re: Video output to Matrox MXO2 FCPX (August 09, 2013 07:04AM) Joe Redifer
Are you using an OS prior to 10.7? No video output for you if you are. 10.7 and later includes magical technology enabling this to work. 10.6 was made in a time where this simply could not work ever because 10.6 is super weak and does not have the technology for FCPX to access output cards like that. Other editing apps can in 10.6, but maybe that's all an illusion.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login