FCP 7 log and trassfer

FCP 7 log and trassfer (September 20, 2014 01:38PM) Jim Long
Hi you all,
I have a combo question, both FCP7 and Resolve 11. I wanted to try out using a couple disposable cameras, a GoPro and a Nikon Cool pic. On their own they make decent video, and each produce clips I can bring into Resolve 11. The problem occurred when I put the clips together on a FCP7 timeline. I could not find a way to bring the clips into FPC through Log and Transfer. But the .mov clips dropped onto the timeline and I put my little story together. And that story exported to a .mov will import into Resolve, but, as you know, to grade any section you grade to whole thing. To grade individual clips you need to bring in a XML. When I bring in the XML into resolve the clips show up as red boxes with a circle and a line through them. My experiments indicate that the only clips which will load successfully into Resolve from FPC have to be loaded into FCP though Log and Capture. Drag and drop clips are not allowed. I’ve spent a few days now pouring over the manuals and I can’t find where I’m missing the point.
Do any of you have any ideas how to make GoPro video accessible to Log and Capture. and/or the sequences they are used in allowed in Resolve?
It’s a complicated question, but I hope I’ve explained it well enough.
Thank you,
Jim
Re: FCP 7 log and trassfer (September 25, 2014 02:29AM) JavaPop
I have found that some cameras don't show up easily, and you may have to copy over the files and convert them to a common format, such as ProRes. MPEG streamclip is an awesome conversion utility.

-another fine day at
GreenPeas Productions
www.greenpeas.us
<")))))><
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login