Need Best Small HD Camera. AVCHD? Please Help.

Need Best Small HD Camera. AVCHD? Please Help. (October 13, 2008 12:27AM) larrys
Hi Ken and All,

I need to pick up a small hd camera in the next week to take to some workshops I am teaching in Europe and South America. I am considering the Canon HF100 as I would like to avoid shooting on tape. I will be then editing in FCP6, mostly for use on the web. (All of my software is at latest versions and I will be working on a brand new iMac)

Can anyone tell me about their experience working with AVCHD and FCP and what the workflow is?

Or, should I be considering another camera. It needs to be small like the Canon.

Thanks!

Larry
Re: Need Best Small HD Camera. AVCHD? Please Help. (October 13, 2008 03:57AM) Kevin Monahan
Re: Need Best Small HD Camera. AVCHD? Please Help. (October 15, 2008 03:37AM) John Livings
Hi Larry,

I do the Edits for 2 people that use The Panasonic HDC-SD5, And the footage is Shockingly Good.

Both bought the cameras on Ebay (Used) for around $450.00.

They use SD-HC Cards (Now under $30.00 for a 16 GB Card).

The AVCHD takes about 1 GB per Minute to Edit. An 8 GB card will record about 60+ Minutes of AVCHD .

When you Log and Transfer to FCP, That 8GB card will take 70 to 80 GBs of Disk Space.

I don't know very much about the camera, I think it is kind of a point and shoot deal.

Just my Opinions.

Regards, John
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login