Ken, DV Kitchen and FCP questions

Ken, DV Kitchen and FCP questions (November 16, 2008 01:52PM) larrys
Hi Ken,

OK, I found out that DV Kitchen will not allow me to compress a Pro Res .mov from FCP into a Flash movie. But, since I am now shooting with my new Canon HF100, I am editing in Pro Res and then I have been exporting as a self contained movie.

So, my main question is:

What would the best way to export a self contained movie out of FCP so I can use it in DV Kitchen to make a Flash movie for upload to my website?

Or...

Should I still export as Pro Res self contained movie and then use compressor to prepare the sequence to be used in DV Kitchen? If so, what would the best formula to work in this manner.

Thanks!!

Larry
Re: Ken, DV Kitchen and FCP questions (November 16, 2008 03:35PM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Larry,

Write to Josh about this.

Josh Mellicker <jmellicker@gmail.com>

--ken
Re: Ken, DV Kitchen and FCP questions (November 16, 2008 11:31PM) larrys
Ken,

Josh had advised me to refer to an article on his website where he instructs to export from FCP as a PNG file. But I tried it and it did not work. The PNG was stuttering and choppy.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Larry
Re: Ken, DV Kitchen and FCP questions (November 17, 2008 06:46AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Larry,

I don't do much work with Flash so I don't know. I would suggest that you get back to Josh and see what the problem is with PNG files. Ask for another good codec to export from FCP so you can use DV Kitchen.

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login