help in log and capture

help in log and capture (November 27, 2008 01:43AM) Beatrice horsley
Hello everyone
I have just updated to F.C.P studio 2 and mac pro 10.5.5 and cannot get more than 3 seconds before it freezes when in log and capture also when inputting a disc from my older version there is no audio when I drag it into this new version although it will play the audio when placed in the DVD player. I have been wrestling with it for the last 3 hours and getting nowhere . could anyone help me please?
Beatrice
Re: help in log and capture (November 27, 2008 01:58AM) Beatrice horsley
hi
I am sorry I forgot to put that my camcorder is Panasonic AG DVH 100 AE
thank you for any help you can give me
Beatrice
Re: help in log and capture (November 27, 2008 05:19AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: help in log and capture (November 27, 2008 08:47AM) Beatrice horsley
Hello Ken
This is the first time I have tried to use it since the new upgrade was installed just yesterday so it is all new to me but I have been using F.C.P. 4.5 and the G5 processor for 4 years. I seem to have tried everything I know but am now struggling.
Thank you for any suggestions you can make.
Best Wishes
Beatrice
Re: help in log and capture (November 27, 2008 09:01AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Beatrice,

Did you trash the FCP Prefs and Repair Permissions?

I don't understand your comment about putting a Disk in and no audio. Exactly what are you doing with the disk, step by step.

Have you checked your scratch disk setting, how full is it and is it formatted as Mac OS Extended (Journaling off).

Other than the problem with capture, does FCP run properly?

Going out for a few hours, but I'll be back in later.

--ken
Re: help in log and capture (November 27, 2008 07:45PM) Beatrice horsley
hello Ken
I haven't trashed prefs and repaired permissions as yet as its the very first time I have used the new set up .
I brought in a disc made previously on the old set up and then tried to place it in the new F.P.C 6 , the video came up but no audio and nothing showing on the audio track line
I didn't check the scratch disc as with it being completely new I didn't think there could be anything on it, I will check to see if it is formatted as MAC OS Extended .
With not being able to log and capture I can't test to see if it is working properly.
Thank you Ken
Beatrice
Re: help in log and capture (November 28, 2008 04:07AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: help in log and capture (November 28, 2008 07:19PM) Beatrice horsley
Hello Ken
I have sorted out the problem with log and capture, it was one setting in the log and capture box that needed changing and I am now able to get on with learning more of this new system.
thank you for all your help
regards
Beatrice
Re: help in log and capture (November 29, 2008 04:57AM) Ken Stone Admin
Glad you got it worked out.

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login