MOV (NTSC DV) severely degraded playback quality on PC

MOV (NTSC DV) severely degraded playback quality on PC (December 05, 2008 01:31AM) Elijah
Re: MOV (NTSC DV) severely degraded playback quality on PC (December 05, 2008 02:02AM) David Harbsmeier
Open the file in QuickTime Player on the Windows system. Once it's open, hit Control j to see the Movie Properties. Click on the Video Track, then the 'Visual Settings' tab and make sure the High Quality box is checked.

-DH
Re: MOV (NTSC DV) severely degraded playback quality on PC (December 05, 2008 03:43AM) Elijah
I just enabled that. I never knew that setting was available.

It didn't change anything though.

Any further thoughts?

Elijah Lynn
elijahlynn.blogspot.com
Re: MOV (NTSC DV) severely degraded playback quality on PC (December 05, 2008 05:20AM) David Harbsmeier
The only other thing I can think of is that the Windows system's graphics card is weak.

-DH
Re: MOV (NTSC DV) severely degraded playback quality on PC (December 05, 2008 09:14AM) Elijah
Ok, the change didn't affect the video right away. I didn't know what to do. I ended up just closing it and forgetting about it again and when I went to show my coworker the problem I reopened the file and Quicktime player (non-pro) and it worked!!!

So I changed the setting in my preferences and had to restart quicktime for it to work properly!!

I am so happy now!

Elijah Lynn
elijahlynn.blogspot.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login