Photo JPEG Bright ups on pause

Photo JPEG Bright ups on pause (January 04, 2009 09:13AM) Dave Healey
Hi all, a Happy New Year as well.

I am using FCS2, 10.4.11 all updated four days ago. Blackmagic Decklink Pro HD or SD on a G5 Dual 2 GHz.

We tend to use the Blackmagic PJPEG profile in FCP, as we have found it to be okay when dropping scenes into editted programmes.

We have had a problem for a long time, but only just discovered this great wealth of information.

When we play from either the timeline, canvas or viewer and the file is being outputted on the SDi output to a Leitch router and then converted via a D>A to analog Pal composite video, then viewed on a Sony monitor we notice a 'bright up' when the video is paused - as if the video is untermed - okay so far. Connecting a 601 SDi scope to it direct from the Blackmagic card it shows the same symptons, when the video is played it returns back to normal.

The blacks lift and the fleshtones lift, but the whites don't crush - if this makes sense.

It happens on 2 machines, difference is one has the Pro HD card the other is just SD. The settings are as default, go to easy setup and choose Pal, 25 Hz, Blackmagic P JPEG and set up, create new sequence and away we go.

Anyone having the same problem or heard of anything like this, or know of any cures ?

Chers for now.

Dave Healey
ITV Granada
Manchester
UK
Re: Photo JPEG Bright ups on pause (January 04, 2009 07:09PM) ronny courtens
Re: Photo JPEG Bright ups on pause (January 04, 2009 10:59PM) Dave Healey
Hi Ronny,

Thanks for your info. I'll give that a whirl when I'm in work @14.00 Hrs GMT.

Regards
Dave
Re: Photo JPEG Bright ups on pause (January 05, 2009 01:34AM) Dave Healey
Alas,

None of those worked.

I'll give Support an email.

Thanks in advance
Dave
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login