edit profile?

edit profile? (February 03, 2009 01:34PM) Anonymous User
Hi,
It has come to my attention that my questions from this site are listed when my name was googled. Is there something in my profile that I can edit, ie, user name or real name (they are both my full name), so that this doesn't continue? Or is this what happens with everyone?
Thanks.
George
Re: edit profile? (February 03, 2009 01:57PM) Ken Stone Admin
I just Googled your name. The only discussion board that came up was Creative Cow. No listing for this board.

--ken
Re: edit profile? (February 03, 2009 02:17PM) Anonymous User
Yes sir, on the first page, but there is one on the second, another on the third, I didn't go any further. If this is status quo, OK, I just didn't know if I was allowed to change anything.
-george
Re: edit profile? (February 03, 2009 02:40PM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi George,

I've done some checking. It seems that Google mines every single scrap of data it can find, including discussion boards. They are like a huge vacuum cleaner.

If you want I can delete your registration and you can re register with different names.

--ken
Re: edit profile? (February 04, 2009 01:05PM) Anonymous User
Hi Ken,
Yes I would like to do that...although it would stop me from asking stupid questions. And I want to thank you and the other contributors for what I feel is the finest resource in video production. You have helped me out of many jams.

Thanks,
George
btw, when I reregister can I use the same email address?
Re: edit profile? (February 04, 2009 01:50PM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi George,

I have deleted your registration. Go ahead and re register, yes you can use the same email address. Don't forget, you will be sent an email as part of the process.

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login