fcp hits the news field at wcbs ny

fcp hits the news field at wcbs ny (June 27, 2008 05:25PM) calarco68
I now use FCP for news editing. Wow. I thought It would never happen. I xdcam proxys into sublips and import them into FCP. Being under deadlines I need help with presets. how do I. Set Default, the cross dissolve to 15 frames? And can I set a audio track in the timeline to automatically be -12db or lower for nat sound. So every clip in that track is -12. and lastly how can I enlarge just the audio wave form in the timeline. So I can see the audio levels better. Its always to small and I dont want the large timelime selection because I'm editing on a laptop.

Your updated site is great. Ive been reading your postings since day one. Great Job. I use the new power book with 4 gigs ram output to the AJA Box thur the Sat truck. flawless. Sony could work on the xdcam software some. Oh well Sony never did make good software. Only cameras.

Chris
Re: fcp hits the news field at wcbs ny (June 27, 2008 05:41PM) Ken Stone Admin
1) Make a Favorite. Double click on the transition in the timeline to open the transition in the Viewer. Set your Cross Dissolve to 15 frames.

In the upper right hand corner of the Viewer is a 'hand holding a piece of paper icon'. Click on that and drag into your Browser, into your Favorites bin.

Control click on the transition in the bin and set to 'set default transition'.

2) Select your audio tracks in the timeline and from the Modify menu > Levels '-12' Absolute.

3) Far left of the timeline, where the patches are, place your cursor on the thin gray line that separtes A1 from A2, it will turn into an up/down arrow. Click and drag down to enlarge just the audio track.

--ken
Re: fcp hits the news field at wcbs ny (June 28, 2008 07:04AM) calarco68
very cool short cuts. Thank you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login