Re: Audio Sample Rate (POPPING)

Audio Sample Rate (POPPING) (June 28, 2008 03:29AM) amoris
Anybody run into this message when capturing footage? I have all the settings on my FCP and my FX1 set up for HD Widescreen DVNTSC 16bit 48 hz... they all match and yet it still gives me this message AND all my audio is coming in with tons of glitches and popping - I've cleaned the heads, switched tapes, tried to change the settings back, etc....
HELP!!

::::The audio sample rate of one or more of your captured media files does not match the sample rate on your source tape. This may cause the video and audio of these media files to be out of sync. Make sure the audio sample rate of your capture preset matches the sample rate of your tape.::::
=D thanks,
amoris
Re: Audio Sample Rate (POPPING) (June 28, 2008 06:09AM) David Harbsmeier
>I have all the settings on my FCP and my FX1 set up for HD Widescreen DVNTSC 16bit 48 hz

You can't have HD and DV NTSC in the same settings. HD isn't NTSC nor is it DV. While you can record HDV to DV tape stock, it's then HDV and not DV footage.

>they all match and yet it still gives me this message AND all my audio is coming in with tons of glitches and popping

Have you verified the video file's audio specs as well as your FCP Sequence settings? Have you tried resampling or converting the clip(s) to match your FCP settings?

-DH
Re: Audio Sample Rate (POPPING) (June 28, 2008 08:29AM) amoris
Thank you, I was confused and shooting HD on DV tapes... so then if I wanted to bring it in as HDV, I set it to HDV but then when I go to Log and Capture it controls the deck and shows a timecode but no footage. Any suggestions? It seems like I was able to bring in HDV before and then I changed the settings and now I can't remember how I had it set...

As of now I have the
Sequence preset: HDV-1080i60
Capture preset: HDV
Control preset: HDV FireWire
Video playback: Digital Cinema destop preview - main
Audio playback: Built-in Audio

Am I missing something?
Thanks again,
A
Re: Audio Sample Rate (POPPING) (June 28, 2008 09:27AM) David Harbsmeier
Have you verified the clip specs? In FCP, right-click on a clip and choose Item Properties.

Is your playback device set to playback in the correct format?

-DH
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login