Re: using AE for color correction?

using AE for color correction? (June 28, 2008 07:50AM) Harriet
hey guys, I was surprised when i heard that a project that I finished editing was going to AE for color correction and I was wondering if using AE for color correction is a right choice! is that common? does AE have a good color corrector? does the movie loose quality when exporting QT from FCP going to AE for color correction then export from AE to master tape?

thanks
Re: using AE for color correction? (June 28, 2008 09:21AM) ronny courtens
AE indeed has good color correction features, but that doesn't mean a lot. It's the person who is doing the color correction who matters most. A good color grader will be able to do an excellent grading using any professional application like Color, or any other video app like AE, Motion or FCP.

In theory there is no quality loss when you export your video to AE and then to master tape, as long as you stay in the native format throughout the process or you export in the Animation or Uncompressed format.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: using AE for color correction? (July 01, 2008 02:18AM) Chris Poisson
Another downside to going to AE for CC is the absence of scopes, unless you have Test Gear from Synthetic Aperture, which BTW doesn't work in AE CS3.
Re: using AE for color correction? (July 01, 2008 04:24AM) ronny courtens
Absolutely, Chris. Good point.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login