Matrox MXO or Intensity Pro Card

Matrox MXO or Intensity Pro Card (June 30, 2008 07:51AM) Scott Wolfson
I am in the process of configuring a new Mac Pro, an 8 core 2.8 gig processor. I was wondering if anyone had any input on either the Matrox MXO or Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro card. Most of my work is DV and HDV video. I film mostly weddings and corporate events. I don't know if I'll work native HDV or transcode to Pro Res on capure or work in HDV and then render in Pro Res. The Intensity Pro card peaked my interest b/c it can capture HDV or Pro Res and output HDMI to a High Def LCD. The MXO is a lot more expensive but apparently converts your Apple Cinema Display into a true Broadcast HD Monitor and can output to both HD and SD.

I plan to buy internal drives and memory from Other World Computing as Apple's prices are way too high. And I am buying the Sony HDV clamshell to use as a deck rather than wear the heads on my Z1U cameras.

Also, is it necesasry to raid my drives or will they be fast enough as "stock" drives to handle HDV video.

I appreciate any advice or recommendations.

Thanks,

Scott
Re: Matrox MXO or Intensity Pro Card (June 30, 2008 11:41AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Scott,

I just setup the Matrox MXO box a few days ago, so I'm just getting into it. It does a great job. Matrox is coming out with the MXO2, an advanced version, this Summer I believe. Never worked with BlackMagic, so I don't know.

Anyone???

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login