Spinning Color Wheel Final Cut ProPlease help

Spinning Color Wheel Final Cut ProPlease help (June 30, 2008 09:56AM) Frank
I have been having a problem that I can't figure out. I have a Dual 2 GHZ Power PC G5 with 2 Gig ram. I am getting the spinning color wheel when I try to do something in Final Cut Pro - sometimes it happens when it's opening. I have uninstalled studio completely. I am using a store bought 2.1 studio package. Please help
Re: Spinning Color Wheel Final Cut ProPlease help (June 30, 2008 11:42AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Frank,

How big is your FCP Project? Are you using a scratch drive (not your boot drive), how full is it?

Do you have any photoshop files in the timeline, how large are they?

--ken
Re: Spinning Color Wheel Final Cut ProPlease help (June 30, 2008 12:03PM) Frank
It can be a new project with without any attachments. I generally start a FCP project on drives other than the boot drive. FCP is on my boot drive with all my other applications. I have been using FCP for 7 years and I have never had this problem. Thank you for the quick response.
Re: Spinning Color Wheel Final Cut ProPlease help (June 30, 2008 12:18PM) Ken Stone Admin
You did not answer my question about your scratch drive and how full it is.

--ken
Re: Spinning Color Wheel Final Cut ProPlease help (June 30, 2008 01:10PM) Frank
I apologize for not answering the question. I have it set to a drive with plenty of room. I forgot to mention: I am having the same problem with compressor. Thanks
Re: Spinning Color Wheel Final Cut ProPlease help (June 30, 2008 02:55PM) Frank
The drive is not my boot drive.
Re: Spinning Color Wheel Final Cut ProPlease help (July 01, 2008 12:10AM) ronny courtens
Hi Frank,

1. Check your drives. ALL of your drives (including your boot drive) should have more than 15% of their total drive capacity available. If this is OK:

2. Check your RAM (Apple > About This Mac). Do you see your 2 GB of RAM available ? If this is OK:

3. Open Disk Utility and repair permissions on your boot drive. Then open FCP and Compressor to see if you still get the spinning ball. If this does not help:

4. Trash your FCP preferences, then open FCP to see if it works.

If this still does not work:

5. Disconnect any peripherals from your Mac, except your mouse and keyboard, and launch FCP. If you still get the spinning ball, get back to us with this information:

- Version of OS ?
- Version of QT ?
- Version of FCP and Compressor ?

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login