HDV.m2t files in FCP question

HDV.m2t files in FCP question (July 01, 2008 12:45PM) velma
Okay, I admit. I'm probably the very last person in videography NOT to be HD yet. I'll get there....just no one is asking for it around here yet. Anyway, here's my problem. I subcontracted a shoot to someone who shoots with a Sony HD cam (not sure which one). He was to edit the video and then send me the clips....I put them together in FCP....and then I make the DVDs.

Usually when he works for me, I shoot the stuff, send him the captured clips. He edits it, send me the QT files. I put it together in FCP and make the DVDs. No problem. But this time, it's the stuff he shot in HD.

He wants to send it to me in HDV .m2t files. He swears FCP should be able to read this. He is on a PC and Vegas. He send me a sample clip and neither FCP nor QT could read it.

I have FCP 5.1.4 and QT 7.1.5. What can I do to be able to read and render these .m2t files?

Thanks....velma
Re: HDV.m2t files in FCP question (July 01, 2008 10:29PM) David Harbsmeier
.m2t is an MPEG-2 Transport Stream - not really designed to be an editable format. Use MPEG Streamclip to demux/convert the file into the format that matches your FCP Sequence settings.

-DH
Re: HDV.m2t files in FCP question (July 02, 2008 04:54AM) velma
thanks, David. I'll give it a try.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login