Motion still not actually opening!!

Motion still not actually opening!! (July 02, 2008 02:10PM) filmographer
I reinstalled all of FCS 2 on top of existing install. I then ran all the updates (interestingly enough, when time came to install the Motion update to version 3.0.2 from pro apps update 2008.02 it said I could not run update because Motion 3.0 is needed for update to be installed- but I JUST reinstalled from my FCS 2 discs! Well when I checked to see if I have Motion installed- and I do- I checked what version... it says 3.02- the latest!) but MOTION is still acting exactly as it was, which is as follows:

I run the program but it never actually seems to open but the menu bar does, so from there I choose "new" and the canvas opens- but the file browser never does NO MATTER WHAT I DO; a few other functions are not available at all and in fact the library wont open either.

What's next (I didn't repair permissions, don't know how to) ?
Re: Motion still not actually opening!! (July 03, 2008 03:58AM) ronny courtens
I have sent you a PM with a link to FCS Remover, a little app that will allow you to completely uninstall FCS. As you have tried everything else without any luck, I'm afraid a complete wipe-and-reinstall is unevitable.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Motion still not actually opening!! (July 03, 2008 08:24AM) Ian Flynn
you've tried Window>Layouts>Standard i hope?
Re: Motion still not actually opening!! (July 03, 2008 06:48PM) ronny courtens
Hi Ian,

Yes, that is a good remark and was the first thing we suggested in a thread that started earlier. I got good news by PM that everything is working all-right now after a a complete wipe and re-install. Just installing over the existing app does not always solve the problem.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login