New Camera ?s Panasonic

What is the model number of that new..... (July 03, 2008 08:30AM) filmographer
Panasonic Camera that is essentially the HVX200A WITHOUT a tape transport? I remember reading about it somewhere and now I cannot find any info on it.
Re: What is the model number of that new..... (July 03, 2008 10:03AM) Ken Stone Admin
Called the HPX 170. No info out on it yet, supposed to ship this fall.

--ken
Re: What is the model number of that new..... (July 05, 2008 03:36AM) Luis Rafael Cosme
Re: What is the model number of that new..... (July 05, 2008 06:02AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: What is the model number of that new..... (July 05, 2008 06:29AM) Luis Rafael Cosme
Ken,

This information was very helpful specially for me, a music producer in the video world. Thank you very much. I also called a friend who has owned the Panasonic for at least 2 months now and he also gave me a world of information. The Sony I have now has me dealing with all that MPEG Stuff, and to be honest to you I'm tired of all the additional work arounds. I Made my decision and ordered it. I will sure refer back to this posting tho for all the frame rate info and links once I receive my new gear. Thanks a million!

-Luis-
Re: What is the model number of that new..... (July 05, 2008 06:40AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: What is the model number of that new..... (July 05, 2008 07:28AM) Luis Rafael Cosme
Ken,

Yes I did. I sure will come back and give my feedback on it.
Thanks for the info on that 35mm adapter, it can definetly come in handy.
About the video... I'm more of an include a little more effects guy, but I must say... the work and the quality is Jaw Dropping!
Specially the Piano Scenes with the lighting and all... Amazing!
Would love to see it with a Film Look.

Thanks a million for everything, talk to you soon!

-Luis-
Re: What is the model number of that new..... (July 05, 2008 11:47AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Luis,

I have seen HVX 200 footage shot with both the Letus and RedRock 35mm adaptors. The footage is amazing. At 24PN, very filmic.

--ken
New Camera ?s Panasonic (July 07, 2008 01:12AM) Luis Rafael Cosme
Re: What is the model number of that new..... (July 07, 2008 03:40AM) filmographer
Luis,

Just buy it from B&H Photo/Video. You will get the best LEGITIMATE price from a very reputable supplier. I am a NYer and you are in Philly so for us B&H is the best bet.... I have been using the HVX 200 for a year now and love it! I have the Firestore 100 and have to say that the workflow is great but the connection to the camera (4 pin FW) has been unreliable when doing active off the shoulder shooting. So either find a work around (I know guys who have used silicon and globbed it on making a near permanent connection to the HVX 200) or invest in the P2 cards.
Good luck
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login