Re: 30 minutes to burn via DVD SP ??

30 minutes to burn via DVD SP ?? (July 04, 2008 05:28AM) Randy Almand
I am running DVD SP 4.1.2 on a Mac Pro. After rendering, it typically takes 5 minutes or so to actually burn to disc. Now for some strange reason, it's taking 30 minutes to burn one disc. Normally I have a very simple menu system - one menu with 2-3 buttons going to different tracks. This time I have two buttons on the main menu. Each button goes to a sub-menu with 6 or more buttons going to various markers on two different tracks. I didn't think this would create a longer burn time, but ???? Any ideas why it's taking 30 minutes to burn one disc ??

Re: 30 minutes to burn via DVD SP ?? (July 04, 2008 08:24AM) Ken Stone Admin
It always take me longer than 5 minutes to burn a DVD, even one with no menus and very short video runtime.

How are you burning, what is the burn speed of your blank DVDs and of your DVD burner? What speed are you burning at?

--ken
Re: 30 minutes to burn via DVD SP ?? (July 04, 2008 11:29AM) Randy Almand
Hi Ken.. thanks for responding so soon. The discs are 8X and I believe I'm burning at 8X, but is there a way to be sure?
Re: 30 minutes to burn via DVD SP ?? (July 04, 2008 11:33AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: 30 minutes to burn via DVD SP ?? (July 04, 2008 12:35PM) Randy Almand
Thank you once again Ken... I'm wondering if somehow I changed my default settings..... I will check it out as soon as my current burn is complete.. thank you very much !!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login