Re: PAUSE, or STOP command malfunction

PAUSE, or STOP command malfunction (July 04, 2008 07:57AM) sb6755
I have posted re this topic before and no one has experienced it, but I have more information and I'm hoping it triggers some ideas out there.

When using FCP for a period of time my position bar will snap back to the media start of a sequence when I hit the K, or PAUSE key. It never occurs when I first start a session, but it occurs with more and more regularity as my session continues. During my last session, when it started occurring almost 85 to 95 percent of the time, I decided to try an experiment and instead of hitting the K key to stop play, I hit the SPACEBAR to stop play and the problem continued. The same thing happened when I simply clicked on a grey area of the timeline to stop play. So it seems to be a problem with the command that is attached to the stopping of playback.

I am desperate because I am editing a feature and just about to the point where I am going to assemble my scenes into AB reels. It's been tough enough working in 2 to 6 minute scenes and having the position bar re rack to media start, I'm going to go mad having this problem in sequences approaching 20 minutes.

Does this trigger any ideas with any of you as to what might be malfunctioning?

I actually came across another editor who had encountered the same problem and he seems to remember something about changing a preference, or setting, but he cannot remember what it was he actually adjusted.

I cannot tell you how much I appreciate any of you taking the time to give this problem your thought.

I'm cutting on a G5 running 10.4.?. Xserve w/ two other G5's (which do not have the problem)
Re: PAUSE, or STOP command malfunction (July 04, 2008 08:03AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: PAUSE, or STOP command malfunction (July 04, 2008 08:12AM) sb6755
Thanks for the link, but I've tried that many times to no avail.
Re: PAUSE, or STOP command malfunction (July 04, 2008 08:22AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: PAUSE, or STOP command malfunction (July 04, 2008 08:26AM) sb6755
Thanks for your time, Ken. I'm headed over to lafcpug now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login