Re: still in conversion of HD footage dilemma

still in conversion of HD footage dilemma (July 04, 2008 11:18AM) velma
My other post had gotten buried, so I started another one. I subcontracted out a shoot/edit to someone who shot it in HD. I have FCP 5.1.4 and QT 7.1.5. I'm not HD yet. (sorry 'bout that!). He is to send the edited footage to me.

Oh yeah, he edits on a PC with Vegas.

He sent me a sample .m2t file, which neither FCP nor QT would recognize. David suggested I convert it with MPEG Streamclip. MPEG streamclip wouldn't recognize it either. Well, it recognized it, but wouldn't open it.

Just about the time I was ready to post the Streamclip problem, he emails me that he has figured out how to export it as a .mov format. Great! Except, he says that I need to "change the pixel size to 1.2121." How do I change the pixel size. I'm assuming I do this in QT? But what format do I export it as?

Help....again!
Re: still in conversion of HD footage dilemma (July 06, 2008 11:24AM) peter rooney
Why don't you ask him to send his timeline back to tape and post the tape to you.
Peter
Re: still in conversion of HD footage dilemma (July 06, 2008 11:59AM) velma
I actually thought about that back at the beginning of this problem, but thought surely there was a way to convert it. But I'm beginning to think your solution is the best one!!!
Re: still in conversion of HD footage dilemma (July 07, 2008 09:51AM) Luis Rafael Cosme
I would of told him to export everything in QT, Put it on a DVD and send it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login