DVD Studio Simulator is lying!

DVD Studio Simulator is lying! (July 04, 2008 11:24PM) Richardcowers
Hi
I have created a DVD with 3 tracks each with stories. At the end of each track are three summary photoshop screens and accompanying .wav files. The menu plays a chapter then jumps to the end to play one of three summary screens and then back to main menu. This works fine and in the simulator works perfectly. it means I can maintain the integriity of the original file and it's quicker! However, once burned, one of the jumps holds the previous chapters frame and overlays the summary screen on top.
This looks awful. I don't know what to do because according to the simulator all is fine! The client I know will reject it.

any ideas please????

thankyou so much for your help.

richard
Re: DVD Studio Simulator is lying! (July 05, 2008 10:57PM) Alexander
Hi Richard,
With respect, it looks to me like this is your first DVDSP project, and you have completely missed some basics. Take the time to read the manual and it will become apparent where you have gone wrong.
The terminology in DVDSP can be misleading. eg chapters are only markers, tracks are containers, a "summary screen" still needs to be identified as media and allow correct navigation, .wav files are not really DVD compatible.
The Simulator is notorious for not being accurate, it will allow what a set-top player won't. The project needs to conform to the DVD standard for a set-top player to identify and play the contents correctly.
From your post, there is not enough info as to what you've done.

Cheers
Alexander
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login