Emailing a FCP Project

Emailing a FCP Project (June 16, 2009 04:59AM) drmittens
Hello All,
Anyone have a good suggestion on emailing projects without some type of corruption occurring along the way.
Outside of a FTP site, I have not been real successful in stuffing, zipping, yousendit.com or regular emailing of the project. I often find the project reads but when you try to relink the seq. fcp does not remember where or what its media is named. It becomes impossible to reconnect the media, it gives me the "missing files" message when you try to do the such.
Cheers
Christian
Re: Emailing a FCP Project (June 16, 2009 07:41AM) Ken Stone Admin
Not sure that I understand.

When you email a FCP project to someone you have to also supply them with all of the media. The project file is like a blueprint of your project but contains no media.

--ken
Re: Emailing a FCP Project (June 16, 2009 09:18AM) drmittens
Right.
And yes, when emailed, it seems to loose certain information from that blueprint.
The media lives in 2 locations.
Office and Home STudio.
I am having problems when I want my office to email a certain project to work from my home studio.

The work around I have found is to use media manager (with no media) to export the seq. I need from that certain project.
Do you know a better way to send over a whole project?
Re: Emailing a FCP Project (June 16, 2009 09:32AM) Ken Stone Admin
I control click on the project and select 'Compress' and send that. Worked for me in the past.

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login