Need to quickly put something from FCP (DV) into DVD

Need to quickly put something from FCP (DV) into DVD (July 07, 2008 05:38PM) npqster
Hi,

I am not very familiar with this process but need a quick turnaround and I took the steps below to export some footage to DVD:

Steps taken

in FCP, with project and sequence open > File > Export > Using compressor

in the Batch > Setting > Fastest Encode > All

Submit

Opens Batch Monitor

It looks like it creates three different file formats (obvisouly I lack a lot of knowledge about this). Does it not create a file with a .dvd extension?

Thanks in advance,
N.
Re: Need to quickly put something from FCP (DV) into DVD (July 07, 2008 07:05PM) ronny courtens
Hi N,

First a technical note: files ending with .dvd are NOT standard DVD video files. The .dvd extension is only used in Windows environments, particularly with consumer applications like Clone DVD, where the .dvd file is a small reference file which is required to play the real DVD video files (.VOB).

Now to your question. The 3 files you have created using your Compressor preset are: 1 MPEG2 video file (m2v) and 2 audio files (AIFF and AAC). With these files you can use a DVD authoring program like DVDSP to author your DVD.

You will need the m2v and one of the audio files (either the AIFF or the AAC file) to create your video DVD in DVDSP. You import the video file and the audio file in DVDSP and then you make a menu with a start button, you link the video file to the button and burn the DVD.

If you are not familiar with using DVDSP there is an easier way to quickly create video DVDs from FCP projects, using iDVD:

Open your FCP sequence and choose File > Export > QuickTime Movie. In the Save window use Current Settings, Include Audio end Video and Make Movie self-contained. Give a name and destination for your movie and press Save.

Now open iDVD, make a new project, select a template for your DVD, drag the QT movie into the iDVD window and choose File > Burn DVD.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login