Camera Decisions! decisions!, decisions!

Camera Decisions! decisions!, decisions! (July 08, 2008 09:13AM) Luis Rafael Cosme
Re: Camera Decisions! decisions!, decisions! (July 08, 2008 11:35AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: Camera Decisions! decisions!, decisions! (July 08, 2008 02:35PM) sbeisen
Re: Camera Decisions! decisions!, decisions! (July 08, 2008 09:25PM) clearcutmedia
Hi

For what its worth, I have used HDV for some time and have just sold my JVC GY-HD101 HDV camera. I will never use HDV again. It is a nightmare to edit, and yes I tried all the work arounds in the book, and some that arent in the book. But call me simple minded, but I just want to digitize in one step and then edit easily, without time code breaks and everything else...

In terms of cameras, I would go for a progressive camera, and preferably a format like DVCpro HD. Interlaced is fast moving toward history in my view, and progressive just looks a lot nicer.

So in short I think the HVX is the one I would go for. Only draw back is that P2 cards are still expensive. I also loved the 'real camera' feel of my old JVC HD101 but there you go.

Trevor
Re: Camera Decisions! decisions!, decisions! (July 09, 2008 12:17AM) Luis Rafael Cosme
Yes I'm a final cut pro addict as well. This is great feedback, thank you all very much.
I decided to take some time out for my self last night, (which hasn't happened in a long time!) and sit down after dinner to just read. So I downloaded the manual for the Panasonic HVX and read as many details as I could for one night for both cameras, and the more I read the more clear it became that the HVX was so much more the way I want to go by miles. Plus the P2 card work flow is definitely a solid plus. Anyway from all the details that I read on megapixels and frame rates and capture settings, and filters, etc, etc, etc.... I'm way convinced to get the Panasonic. So off I go to place my order.
Again, thank you all very much, your feedback was very helpful and appreciated.
-Luis-
Re: Camera Decisions! decisions!, decisions! (July 09, 2008 09:09AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Luis,

Please let us know what you think about the 200(A). It has new chips and a new lens. Want to hear all about it.

Good luck.

--ken
Re: Camera Decisions! decisions!, decisions! (July 09, 2008 12:57PM) Luis Rafael Cosme
Ken,

I sure will. The company that I purchased it from are from West Chester PA and they are sending an additional book aside from the owner's manual that shows how to work with the camera. He said it has the info that shows you how to use the camera and tips & tricks etc. Til next time,

Luis
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login