Re: "slide projector" effect

"slide projector" effect (July 08, 2008 10:52AM) johnmcd
Has anyone here ever tried to recreate the old "slide projector" effect? What I mean, is, using pictures like you would in an old slide projector, fading in and out. I suppose I could just use a fade in fade out dissolve, but that seems a little boring. It would be better once I add sfx (which I have), but I wonder if anyone here has done it before a different way.

Thanks.

john
Re: "slide projector" effect (July 08, 2008 12:08PM) lk
maybe you could also use motion and move them up for the fade out and down for fade in. good luck
Re: "slide projector" effect (July 10, 2008 01:30AM) jrosson
I've not tried this, but with sound effex and possibly one of the 3D effects in FCP, or possibly a 'stretch' or 'slide' wipe, you might achieve the result you wish.
Also, possibly keyframing the 'on & offscreen' action of an old slide projector.
(I'm thinking of a projector we had years ago which, when a lever was pushed, rotated to the next slide. The slides were small negatives, all affixed to a cardboard 'wheel' which inserted into the projector).
That would be a cool effect, and once you had the motion keyframed, you could save it as a favorite and re-apply to as many as you like.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login