Film projected on screen effect

Film projected on screen effect (July 08, 2008 02:16PM) filmographer
Using Nattress and Magic Bullet I have created a great film look, but what i would love to do is emulate what it looks like when a film projector showed that footage on a screen or wall... you know, the square with blurred edges that was smaller than the screen....
Re: Film projected on screen effect (July 08, 2008 02:27PM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: Film projected on screen effect (July 09, 2008 04:18AM) filmographer
Thank you for your answer Ken, but I suppose I did not clearly express what I needed to do. The film effect is easy to achieve, but I wanted to make it look as if it was projected on a white screen. White background I got. Wireframe and reduce size of video I got. Making the edges look ragged/blurred as opposed to perfectly sharp (like when older film is projected) I haven't got. That's where I am lacking (amongst other areas!) Thanks
MC
Re: Film projected on screen effect (July 09, 2008 05:01AM) Luis Rafael Cosme
So what you want to do is apply some kind of frame shaped mask where it would cover part of the video and part of the canvas so that you can blur or modify that masked area in order to make the effect and make it look flat and blurry etc. Something among those lines. Or maybe a mask over the whole video in that area that will let you modify. Unless you have a projector where you can actually play it on the wall and film it! :) That would just be too cool of an effect. I'm away from my gear right now but if I come up with something later I'll post.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login