DV CAM Deck seems bypassed

DV CAM Deck seems bypassed (July 10, 2008 03:26AM) Shane Stanley
I am unable to record/tape anything onto my DVCAM deck which is connected via fire wire. Here is a list of problems, though I can capture from & control my deck:

1) If the DV CAM deck is OFF upon start up of FCP, it doesn't warn me or hold off on starting up FCP and allows FCP to work anyway. No, I never pushed the "don't warn me next time" - its like it doesn't care if deck is connected or not.

2) When capturing footage from my DVCAM deck, audio and video records fine, but as I play/capture you CANNOT hear AUDIO when tape plays in deck until footage is captured inside the cpu and you play it back once logged. My monitor is a CPU monitor but speakers are all plugged into my cpu

3) My biggest problem: I cannot record/output anything on to my deck.

Is there a setting I am not aware of that has left my DVCAM Deck (Sony SR-11) completely bypassed?
I appreciate any suggestions

Thank You
Shane Stanley
Re: DV CAM Deck seems bypassed (July 10, 2008 05:21AM) ronny courtens
Hi Shane,

To hear the audio on your system speakers while capturing from a deck (FCP5&6):

- Open the Log&Capture window
- Click the Clip Settings tab
- Put a checkmark in the Audio Preview box

To output video and audio to your deck:

- Choose View > Video Playback to see if there is a checkmark next to your "Apple FireWire" device
- If the device is checked, choose View > External Video > All Frames and play your timeline. You will see the FCP video and hear the FCP audio on your tv monitor that is hooked to your DSR11

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: DV CAM Deck seems bypassed (July 10, 2008 05:31AM) Ian Flynn
as far as the hearing audio issue, in the capture window, under the Clip Settings tab, there is a Preview check box for audio.

for outputting to tape, check to see if the deck is selected as the video output device- View>Video Playback. If you don't see it use View>Refresh A/V Devices and try again. then View>External Video>All Frames.

There are also some settings under Final Cut Pro>Audio/Video Settings that have to be set correctly, usually we use Final Cut Pro>Easy Setup to change those quickly.

Hope some of this is of some help,
Ian Flynn
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login