FCP Non Audio Embedded OMFs

FCP Non Audio Embedded OMFs (July 15, 2009 08:02AM) andrewdrazek
Hello everyone.

I'm hoping there's a way to export OMFs in Final Cut without embedding the audio files but I can't seem to figure out how.

My goal is to export OMFs for reels roughly 20 minutes in length with unlimited handles; however, since there's a 2GB limit on OMF exports, I want to export OMFs containing just the wav metadata and not the wav files themselves.

Is this possible or do I need to export reels much, much shorter than 20 minutes in order to have unlimited handles?

Thanks!
Andrew
Re: FCP Non Audio Embedded OMFs (July 19, 2009 06:50AM) Dave Healey
I've been playing with this as well and found that Soundtrack Pro handles OMF files, the problem for me is that I found a 'stereo' FInal Mix OMF when put into STP & Also Logic amy come up with 3 tracks, on questioning the audio dubbers at work it was L C R, my plan was to be able to take an OMF and create BWAVs with Timecode in an easy workflow.

For the time being I've had to get a Pyramix system in to help - not good when I want a Mac solution :(

I'm still playing with STP & Logic to achieve what I want - as you can see I'm sure it will work - IT WILL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login