iDVD menu buttons jumpy on burned DVD-R

iDVD menu buttons jumpy on burned DVD-R (July 12, 2008 06:16AM) katford
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help me with an iDVD 6.0.4 problem. The font for my menu buttons is 18 pts (small) because there are several of clips from which to choose. The total length of all video is about 75 minutes. Everything looks great when I save the project and go to burn the DVD. When the DVD is done, the button text is jumpy (shakes). Everything else is fine. I've tried using the best performance setting and the best quality setting. Still shaky. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Katherine

Re: iDVD menu buttons jumpy on burned DVD-R (July 12, 2008 10:29PM) ronny courtens
Hi Katherine,

18 pts is too small for a DVD title. A minimum of 20 is required, plus the fact that you have to consider which fonts and colors you are using.

Never use 100% saturated colors nor 100% white, always use very simple and straight fonts, preferrably bold types. Trial and error will lead you to creating a neat DVD in iDVD.

If you have too many clips, just make one or more submenus and spread the clips over these menus. Always better than having a lot of buttons on the same menu. These are just a few thoughts.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: iDVD menu buttons jumpy on burned DVD-R (July 15, 2008 04:34PM) katford
That worked! Thank you so much!
K
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login