G5 graphics card and video cataloging solution

G5 graphics card and video cataloging solution (July 12, 2008 12:20PM) timwerks
Hello everyone.

I currently have a G5 dual 2ghz with an ATI Radeon 9600 pro (64mb) and I'd like to start working with Color in addition to having Motion run a little faster. I'll be honest in that I don't really "need" it and I'm considering an upgrade if I do buy a Red Scarlet sometime around NAB09, but Motion runs just slow enough that I'd like more time to do something else in my day besides watching a spinning ball. Finally, am I just opening myself up to more hardware conflicts, or is there a "best" card recommendation for my computer type?

Additionally, does anyone have a suggestion for some kind of video cataloging type software? I'm working on a long-form project that I would like to have all of the material available in a searchable type database, without having all of the media online. Similar to what iMovie is trying to do, just without the full quality. I've looked at iDive/Foottrack, and although they each have their own strengths, I'm not sure about their longterm stability or true FCP XML export workflow. Any thoughts?

Apologies for the long post and thanks in advance.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login