Re: Live Type "Matte to background" not working

Live Type "Matte to background" not working (July 14, 2008 04:34AM) philsfilm
Hi Ken,

I'm working in LiveType to create a word-within-a-word. I've set up and foreground title and a background title and texture. As per the manual, I applied "Matte to background" from Attributes of the foreground title. However, the background title and texture is not revealed. It simply becomes transparent revealing the LiveType grid.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Phil
Re: Live Type "Matte to background" not working (July 14, 2008 07:44AM) ronny courtens
When you use the "Matte to Background" option your texture must be on the background layer, i.e. under the grey line. If you apply the "Matte to Background" option and there is nothing on the background layer, LiveType will show the grid (which is normal). If you want the texture to show in your foreground title it is better to use the "Matte to Texture" option.

To be able to explain what you really should do, please tell us what you exactly want to achieve. Do you want to see your 2nd title in your 1st with your texture as background, do you want to see the texture as the fill of your foreground title... ?

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Live Type "Matte to background" not working (July 14, 2008 08:42AM) philsfilm
Thanks, Ronny. I figured it out. I just had to move the background text and texture below the gray line.

All is well.

Thanks again.

Phil
Re: Live Type "Matte to background" not working (July 14, 2008 08:46AM) ronny courtens
Hi Phil,

Exactly. Glad you found it.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login