Want to buy P-2 Panasonic (AG-HVX200A) Where?

Want to buy P-2 Panasonic (AG-HVX200A) Where? (July 14, 2008 03:55PM) gijacklin
I'm hoping to take the advise I got earlier when I asked about using an XL-1 for now till I got funding to buy the P-2 which was get a loan and buy it now and pay it off when funds come in. So I did a search and Birns and Sawyer has it for about $5200 but another place called Sonic Camera has it for $1999. Wondering if anyone has had experience with them? It just sounds too good to be true. What would you do? And how important is getting an extended warranty? Money is tight for me but am interested in what's best for the long run.
Re: Want to buy P-2 Panasonic (AG-HVX200A) Where? (July 15, 2008 05:27AM) steve douglas
Re: Want to buy P-2 Panasonic (AG-HVX200A) Where? (July 15, 2008 05:53AM) gijacklin
Steve

Okay checked the two stores you mentioned $5199 + tax and they are the same price as Birns &Sawyer in Hollywood where I was going to go. And plus shipping of course. My first question is if I order it from NYC would I not have to pay tax since I live in California? Then I'd probably buy from Adorama since it's in NY. Your advice is greatly appreciated!
Re: Want to buy P-2 Panasonic (AG-HVX200A) Where? (July 15, 2008 05:52AM) sbeisen
Re: Want to buy P-2 Panasonic (AG-HVX200A) Where? (July 16, 2008 01:57AM) jrosson
Does this camera have a shoulder adapter?
Re: Want to buy P-2 Panasonic (AG-HVX200A) Where? (July 16, 2008 02:59AM) John Livings
Hi, I agree with both Steve's

That Low Price Is a NO-NO

I have Made purchases form B&H. For Me, NO PROBLEMS PERIOD.

Plus, Like you I also live in the Center of the Universe and with B&H no tax and VERY reasonable shipping costs.

Regards, John
Re: Want to buy P-2 Panasonic (AG-HVX200A) Where? (July 17, 2008 03:01PM) BLFilms
Just beware, we have a thread over at DVX User of someone who actually seems to have purchased a knock off made in Thailand plastic shelled (not Magnesium bodied) HVX. Jan Crittenden, the HVX product manager is on this and we are waiting to see exactly what it is, but it is definitely one more reason to ONLY buy from a Panasonic authorized dealer. If the Chinese and the Thais are beginning to counterfeit the HVXs, that's bad for everyone.

I have bought cameras from B&H, Abel, Birns, they are all good and pretty reliable.

Dan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login