Re: photos in HDTV 1080

photos in HDTV 1080 (July 15, 2008 07:01AM) nickeroo
Hi,

I have just upgraded to final cut suite 2, and in the past have worked with FCP4.5. I create a lot of photo montages, and have always created the sequence setting for NTSC, and have resized my photos at 720x540. I wanted to try and create a montage in HDTV 1080i, so that it would look great on a widescreen HD TV and up the quality. I'm just not sure what the re-sizing should be now on the photos? And what is the best setting for compressor at the end of the project?

Thanks!
Re: photos in HDTV 1080 (July 15, 2008 08:27AM) mwjace
it depends of the codec you want to use. for 1080 if you are using HDV then do 1440x1080 w HDV pixel aspect ratio.
if using a apple pro res codec then scale your images to 1920x1080

i use photoshop to manipulate all my pics and their standard templates work really good for pixel aspect ratios.

i suggest using apple pro res as your compression though.

Mike
Re: photos in HDTV 1080 (July 15, 2008 01:50PM) nickeroo
Thanks so much for that. The only thing is that when I resize the photos in photoshop (using the HDTV 1080 template) I find when I put them into FCP and pan and scan with them they seem very pixilated. Am I doing something wrong here? Should I be using the NTSC widescreen template in photoshop instead?

Also, why is it when I create a dvd the only way it actually looks good on a computer is if the viewer is set on normal view (so on my 24 inch imac i have to view it in a small box)? It seems very pixelated otherwise and not clear at all.

Thanks, i'm still trying to figure out things.
Re: photos in HDTV 1080 (July 15, 2008 11:54PM) ronny courtens
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login