Ken has had a new member to his family and is passing out cigars

Ken has had a new member to his family and is passing out cigars (July 16, 2008 04:56AM) steve douglas
Hey all, Ken is the proud papa of a new Mac Pro, cigars and cognac all around with a shooter of chocolate chip cookies;-)
Steve
Re: Ken has had a new member to his family and is passing out cigars (July 16, 2008 05:30AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Steve,

Day two of setting it up. Installing FC Studio, what a chore.

(g)

--ken
Re: Ken has had a new member to his family and is passing out cigars (July 16, 2008 10:01AM) filmguy3d
Dear Ken,

Since some of us FCP users can't identify the term "life form" in our relationship with ourselves..we often times live vicariously through "Ken Stone"... Will you be giving us a "wrap" as to your set up, configuration, software, hardware et al? What a daunting request just so we can all pretend we have a new member in our family as well? Especially the HD workflow and how you achieved a happy resolve to the many issues.

Congratulations on the happy event!

This forum rocks,
All Best,
John
Re: Ken has had a new member to his family and is passing out cigars (July 16, 2008 11:09AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi John,

Thanks.

It's a Mac Pro, 8 2.8 cores, 6 gigs of ram, 8800 GT, 3 One TB 7200 rpm drives, WiFi, two 23" ACDs.

This box is replacing my almost 6 year old G5 dual 1.8, with a 160 gig hard drive, yikes. The new MacPro is my main work station box, internet, articles and mostly Photoshop.

--ken
Re: Ken has had a new member to his family and is passing out cigars (July 16, 2008 01:45PM) Hauffen
Contratulations, my friend!

Getting a new Mac is always one of the happiest occasions in hour home. I don't mind baby sittings day and night. Best thing about that, no diapers needed!
Hey, please take good care of that baby; it sounds like all of use will need it. Keep hackers away!
Cheers!

Alberto

PS: Can I have the your retired Sr. Mac? ; )
Re: Ken has had a new member to his family and is passing out cigars (July 16, 2008 03:25PM) sbeisen
Re: Ken has had a new member to his family and is passing out cigars (July 16, 2008 03:27PM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Steve,

Thanks,

--ken
Re: Ken has had a new member to his family and is passing out cigars (July 16, 2008 05:04PM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Alberto,

If you are interested, drop me an email.

--ken
Re: Ken has had a new member to his family and is passing out cigars (July 16, 2008 09:54PM) Stu Dogg
WOW what a big baby as well i hope the truck that delivered it is doing ok. congrats on your new Mac
Re: Ken has had a new member to his family and is passing out cigars (July 17, 2008 02:34AM) ronny courtens
Hi Ken,

I am SO jealous! By the way, didn't you know that Apple has just released a new 16-core 3 GHz MacPro with standard 8 Gigs of RAM for less than the price of your octo ? (-:

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Ken has had a new member to his family and is passing out cigars (July 17, 2008 04:52AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Ronny,

True, except that my new Mac has a new feature. Aside from being able to dnl new software, it can also dnl new hardware.

I'm dnling 4 more cores as I write this.

(g)

--ken
Re: Ken has had a new member to his family and is passing out cigars (July 17, 2008 03:43AM) Freeze
WOW

I'm still using a Powerbook to edit with! : (

I'm so jealous, congratulations!
Re: Ken has had a new member to his family and is passing out cigars (July 17, 2008 09:51AM) ronny courtens
Good one, Ken.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: Ken has had a new member to his family and is passing out cigars (July 17, 2008 09:52AM) Ken Stone Admin
Wouldn't that be cool.

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login