FCP to Compressor Failed: FCP generated an error or...

FCP to Compressor Failed: FCP generated an error or... (September 13, 2009 01:41PM) Trig Simon
Re: FCP to Compressor Failed: FCP generated an error or... (September 13, 2009 02:16PM) Ken Stone Admin
Trig,

It would really help if I knew what verion of QT and FCP, also what codec in FCP and how are you going to Compressor? What preset in Compressor?

You have to provide information.

--ken
Re: FCP to Compressor Failed: FCP generated an error or... (September 13, 2009 03:51PM) Trig Simon
Re: FCP to Compressor Failed: FCP generated an error or... (September 13, 2009 03:55PM) Ken Stone Admin
Try it this way.

Quit Compressor.

Select the Sequence in the Browser or in the Timeline, set In and Out points.

File > Export > QT (Not with Conversion). Make Self Contained, Use Current Settings, Do Not Recompress all frames.

Drop the QT export into Compressor.

--ken
Re: FCP to Compressor Failed: FCP generated an error or... (September 14, 2009 02:48AM) Trig Simon
OK, Ken, that works.

So it isn't a compressor problem, can I assume that?

Also, FCP can export to QT, so FCP is doing it's job, right?

Somewhere in between, I am loosing something. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,
Trig
Re: FCP to Compressor Failed: FCP generated an error or... (September 14, 2009 04:47AM) Ken Stone Admin
It's a FCP to Compresspr thing.

--ken
Re: FCP to Compressor Failed: FCP generated an error or... (September 19, 2009 06:23PM) tonyvm
It's a bug in FCP since the previous version.
It normally happens only when you use multiple instances in Qmaster
and then export from fcp using your virtual cluster.

The way around this is to export a quicktime first (doesn't have to be self contained)
and then open it in Compressor.

Everyone who has this problem (so everyone) should send a complaint to Apple.
The best way to do this I think is in FCP, in the Final Cut Pro menu, "Provide Final Cut Pro Feedback"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login