wacom

wacom (July 17, 2008 12:09AM) VicariousTV
Having problems with my wacom intuos 2 tablet! I use it with FCP because its faster for me.
When I move it from one window to the next it slows everything down.
I have the latest driver software, so thats not it.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks
Re: wacom (July 17, 2008 02:09AM) ronny courtens
A wacom tablet is like a mac, once you go for it you never go back.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean with "move it from one window to the next". Can you be more specific ?

Best wishes,

Ronny
Re: wacom (July 17, 2008 03:21AM) VicariousTV
Its very hard to explain. It happens then it doesn't. (windows being viewer,canvas, timeline.....). It works fine for about five minutes then when I drag anything on the timeline/between "windows" it just slows down ie: move mouse from one side of screen to the other and the opaque thumbnail trails a second behind.

This all started when I upgraded to the mac pro from the G5. Only guess is a conflict with the driver software, intel powerpc. Motion is still OK with the tablet tho!
??????
Re: wacom (July 17, 2008 03:40AM) ronny courtens
Re: wacom (July 18, 2008 01:41AM) Stu Dogg
If you dont mind me asking how mush would one if them there Intuos2 set you back? there look handy
Re: wacom (July 18, 2008 03:59AM) ronny courtens
I have an Intuos 3, I don't know if they make the 2 model anymore but you may find one on e-bay or the likes.

The price depends on the size of the tablet. For Intuous 3 it starts at 299 $ (4x6), I have a 9x12 that costs 499 $ and the 12x19 model costs 749 $.

I always use the tablet for graphic animation. It is an absolute must if you need to do masking, rotoscoping, drawing or painting in Shake, Motion or Color.

Best wishes,

Ronny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login