Re: Exporting FCP project as a .wmv file

Exporting FCP project as a .wmv file (July 18, 2008 08:46AM) ThomS
Greetings, New to the DIscussion Forum. I was recently given a 10:30 edited FCP project done by a co-worker. The task is to export this project as a.wmv clip to be used in a Powerpoint presentation. I captured the project onto my work laptop and am now at a loss as to which way to proceed. I have tried exporting the project Using QuickTIme Conversion >Format>Windows Media. I have been able to save as a Window Media but only 30 seconds worth, not 10:30. To be honest, I am not sure what the settings should be, etc. I am a beginner when it comes to compressing CP projects for video Email, etc. Widows Media is being requested in this particular case because the person using this finished project uses an NT system for presentations.

Any direction is appreciated...I am in the process of learning more about this aspect of FCP as it is being used more and more by my company.

Thank you.

Thom
Comcast
Re: Exporting FCP project as a .wmv file (July 18, 2008 08:59AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Thom,

If you used Flip4Mac to encode to .wmv and only get 30 seconds, it means that you are running the demo version of Flip4Mac, you'll need to purchase the full version.

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login