Re: MacBook Pro dies. I need a desktop... SELLING MINE!

MacBook Pro dies. I need a desktop (July 18, 2008 02:34PM) kennbass
Hi Kenn,

Great new board for discussion. My MacBook Pro has gone South. The Superdrive has just turned belly-up. I'm thinking of getting an iMac or another desktop model. If anyone has recommendations, I'd appreciate it.
Re: MacBook Pro dies. I need a desktop (July 18, 2008 02:42PM) hdfilmtools
What kind of work do you need to do?

Larry Jordan
HDFilmtools.com
Re: MacBook Pro dies. I need a desktop (July 18, 2008 03:11PM) kennbass
Hi Larry,

Basic final Cut Pro editing and DVD burning. I currently am running FCP Studio 1.

Best regards,

Kenn
Re: MacBook Pro dies. I need a desktop (July 18, 2008 03:17PM) hdfilmtools
I'm sorry, I meant what kind of video formats will you be working with?
Re: MacBook Pro dies. I need a desktop (July 18, 2008 11:16PM) kennbass
Hi Larry,

Mostly I work in standard DV, but am beginning to do some 1080i work as well. I was considering a iMac.

Kenn
Re: MacBook Pro dies. I need a desktop (July 18, 2008 11:57PM) jlcinc
Kenn,

I use an iMac to work in DV and HDV 1080i, with studio 1. It's great and I have no problems. In the future I think I will want a MacPro because of the options it will offer and who knows what the next video format is.

John
Re: MacBook Pro dies. I need a desktop (July 19, 2008 12:33AM) sbeisen
Re: MacBook Pro dies. I need a desktop... SELLING MINE! (July 20, 2008 03:05AM) filmographer
Re: MacBook Pro dies. I need a desktop... SELLING MINE! (July 20, 2008 03:11AM) kennbass
Hi Mark,

Unfortunately, I already acquired a Mac Pro yesterday, but thanks for your offer. I got so bummed that my MacBook Pro only lasted a year and a half, that I went out and got a new machine right away to resume my work. Thanks again, and best of luck.

Kenn
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login