Re: Underlying task reported failure on exit?

Underlying task reported failure on exit? (July 19, 2008 07:46AM) Trig Simon
Hi Ken,

Terrible thing happened to me today. I had a project on an external drive. As I was editing it, the canvas turned all diff colors of pixies. Message popped up and said drive was ejected. But the timeline stayed there, so I saved it to my internal HD.

I was still able to see the external drive in the finder, so I clicked on video file and it says cannot read.

When I try to restart the external drive, it says it needs initializing. I go to Disc Utility and try first aid, and it says "The underlying task reported failure on exit."

So, I still have the project as I backed it up, but any way to get into the hard drive to use the movie files, or do I have to recapture?

Then, is the 500gb hard drive salvagable or even trustworthy?

Thanx for listening,
Trig
Re: Underlying task reported failure on exit? (July 19, 2008 10:47AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Trig,

The first thing I would do would be to run Disk Warrior on the drive, see if it can restore the directories for you.

--ken
Re: Underlying task reported failure on exit? (July 20, 2008 01:59AM) Trig Simon
Thanx Ken,

Had to go to my G4 to get DiskWarrior V3 to work. Ordered V4 though.

It did restore some files, but no video files. Everything had different extensions, so I just formatted the drive and hope it doesn't crash again.

Got everything recaptured again, now linking them up to the timeline. Just lost a day.

Thanx for your help,
Trig

BTW look for revised Balance Beam ad in Vidography and DVMagazine next month.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login