Re: Rendering Problem FCP 5.1.4....On Deadline please help.

Rendering Problem FCP 5.1.4....On Deadline please help. (July 19, 2008 02:20PM) Orchidthief
Hey guys,

Brand new to this board and so I thought I'd see if you guys could help me troubleshoot my problem.

I have a 4 minute sequence that I'm trying to render, however, after rendering the sequence the timeline plays back all weird where certain parts play really fast and it cuts to black randomly during certain parts. Don't know what's going and I'm going nuts over this. My sequence settings are:

Frame size - 1440x1080
Video rate - 29.97
Compressor HDV1080i60

I'm on a Macbook 2ghz C2D with 2gb of RAM and I'm working off a 500GB G-Tech drive. Any thoughts on what the heck is going on? Anything would help as I'm on a deadline.
Re: Rendering Problem FCP 5.1.4....On Deadline please help. (July 19, 2008 11:09PM) jlcinc
Re: Rendering Problem FCP 5.1.4....On Deadline please help. (July 23, 2008 04:31AM) Orchidthief
John,
I already tried trashing the preps and had no luck. I even resorted to uninstalling FCP and still had no luck. I was so desperate that I even resorted to reformatting my whole comp which wasn't too big of a deal because I already had stuff backed up. Ironic thing is that, I'm still having the problem. There's a quicktime file that I have in the project that plays like four times faster but audio is still in real time after rendering. Playback of the whole time-line is weird after rendering because certain parts will cut to black.

Can anyone please provide any kind of input as to how I can resolve this. It's getting really frustrating because I can't continue with projects that have upcoming deadlines. Anyone?

I'm currently running OSX 10.4.11, FCP 5.1.4, QT 7.5 on a Macbook 2Ghz Core 2 duo with 2GB of ram. I'm using a 500gb G-Tech drive for my projects. Prior to that, I was using a WD MyBook. This started happening even prior to switching external HDs. Also, I haven't any problems like this prior. Everything's been fine up until recently when it just started happening. The current project was even at a point where I was able to render it with no problems and playback was fine.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login