Re: Beginner all over again, Help Please!

Beginner all over again, Help Please! (July 20, 2008 10:27AM) larrys
Hi Ken and Everyone,

OK. I have FCP 6.0.2 on my Macbook Pro. It's the 2.2 GHz Intel core 2 duo with 2 gig memory. And I am on OSX 10.4.11 and Quicktime 7.3.1.

I have not edited in a few years and last night I had a videographer tape a few hours of testimonials from the students of a workshop I just finished teaching. He shot it on the Sony EX1. Looks and sounds real good. I now need to create a dvd and a web presentation of these testimonials.

Today, I began to put some video into FCP. I am quickly learning how much I need to re-learn.

My main question at this moment. The video looks a little choppy in the canvas and when I add a transition like a cube spin, it also does not play back smoothly.

Is there a preference setting or something else I need to do to get smooth playback of video in the canvas?

Thanks!

Larry Silverberg
Re: Beginner all over again, Help Please! (July 20, 2008 10:43AM) Ken Stone Admin
Re: Beginner all over again, Help Please! (July 20, 2008 11:37AM) larrys
Hi Ken,

Hope you are well!

Yes, I did render. What do you mean by Conform?

Thanks.

Larry
Re: Beginner all over again, Help Please! (July 20, 2008 11:54AM) Ken Stone Admin
Larry,

When you are working in HDV, it is MPEG2 long GOP. When you edit in the FCP timeline, conform will build your GOPs. (group of pictures - 15 frames to a GOP)

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login