Re: Needed help! how can i improve my editing in FCP

how can i improve my editing in FCP (July 21, 2008 02:34PM) buddha eyes
I learned and still learning video editing on FCP 6 on my own pace from DVD tutorial since years. I am enjoying every second and aim is to make my own business. At present i am a Freelance videographer

But according to other editor my work flow is very slow. My 1st question is? how can i speed up my work flow, secondly.Is it difference dvd tutorial and taking classes.

Thank you for sharing your wisdom
Re: how can i improve my editing in FCP (July 21, 2008 03:06PM) David Harbsmeier
>how can i speed up my work flow

It would help to know what your current workflow is ... otherwise how can we offer suggestions to speed it up?

>secondly.Is it difference dvd tutorial and taking classes.

Huh?

-DH
Re: how can i improve my editing in FCP (July 21, 2008 11:05PM) cosioshi
depends what you mean by speeding up. doest it mean to click fast on your comands that the computer won't have time to process or doing a good job not wasting time with your clients.........
Needed help! how can i improve my editing in FCP (July 22, 2008 12:14AM) buddha eyes
Re: Needed help! how can i improve my editing in FCP (July 22, 2008 12:17PM) David Harbsmeier
That's the basic process of non-linear editing: ingest the footage, cut out what you don't want, put it together in a way that makes sense to the viewer and then color correct and add transitions (if needed). It takes time to do it right and in a way the best tells the story.

-DH
Re: Needed help! how can i improve my editing in FCP (July 23, 2008 02:12AM) cosioshi
it seams to me that you're doing the right thing.
one thing that could help you is save you project with SAVE AS, so you have many more variations, whenever you don't like one, you go bck to the previous, this way, even if you render, you won't spend time going back.
if you do this already, it's good, and if you still have to speed up somewhere, you should talk to your clients to see what are they looking for. it hapent many times that I wanted to do something and my client wanted different, even when I thought my choice was better or more suitable for the project.
one other thing, that I consider most important, is the fact that you don't want to bore ore get someone dizzy with too many transisions, especialy different ones. you should pick up two or three and go with those. I personaly like the old fashion CUT between clips, but when ever you want to point out something you choos whatever is best. It depends on the context of the video also: industrial (lines), music (fades), training (wipes), etc, but this is not a rule, it's however one sees.
you can look at TV, movies, clips, etc and see what's on the market or you can go your own style.....it all depends.
if you have enough time, to spends weeks on your projects, why not!!!!! but if you have to deliever the project faster, well, you don't always have enough time to finish, and you also call it progress, do things better and better and you're never satisfied.........I don't know, we can get to a philosophical point from this and I don't know if it helps

good luck!!
Re: how can i improve my editing in FCP (July 22, 2008 01:26AM) sbeisen
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login