Re: No audio in Viewer

No audio in Viewer (July 22, 2008 02:01PM) smirshak
Hi everyone,

Very happy to be part of the Final Cut community :)

Gotta little problem though: if I click on a clip in my sequence and load it in the viewer, the clip plays no audio. There are little dots on the Viewer's timeline....

In the sequence, everything's OK and if I load the clip from my Browser, the audio's OK too. I'm sure it's some trivial detail.

Much appreciated,

Sharif from Montréal
Re: No audio in Viewer (July 22, 2008 02:48PM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Sharif,

If you are loading your clip from the timeline into the Viewer and you have no audio, it means that the audio and video of the clip on the timeline are un linked.

--ken
Re: No audio in Viewer (July 22, 2008 03:18PM) smirshak
Thanks Ken. But that's not the problem... everything IS linked and I just tried trashing my preferences, but same problem: no audio in my Viewer. It's frustrating!
Re: No audio in Viewer (July 23, 2008 12:00AM) Andy
when you single click the clip in the Viewer do both the Video and Audio elements of the clip highlight simultaneously?
when you double click the clip to load it into the Viewer are there any Audio tabs displayed?
Re: No audio in Viewer (July 24, 2008 09:20AM) smirshak
No, there are no audio tabs displayed in the Viewer if I doubli-click on a clip in the timeline. ùIf I do it from the Browser, it's OK.

I still havent figured this out.
Re: No audio in Viewer (July 24, 2008 10:54AM) Ken Stone Admin
Tell us about your audio, how was it captured. Control click on a clip in the Browser > Item Properties > Format. What does it say about the audio, what type, audio sample rate, etc.

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login