Re: Streamclip Trimming

Streamclip Trimming (July 23, 2008 01:16AM) Gretchen
The DV files made from Streamclip are >6 GB and must be 2 GB or less in order to take them into iMovie. TRIMMING THE STREAM is suppose to be easy in Streamclip but when I move the play "bar" to where I want to cut or trim and click cut or trim, nothing happens. It all just STAYS there! What am I doing wrong? I printed the huge "MPEG Streamclip 1.9.1 Guide" but most of it is over my head. I guess I need step by step instructions just to use the "intuitive" Streamclip because i am so new at this. I'm encouraged because I've successfully taken my original into DV and MPEG but am stumped again and feel like an idiot. I appreciate Mio's cooking analogy, but wonder if I have all the right tools to do the job (even IF I knew how to use them). It seems like Streamclip is ment to do it, but when I click "trim" or "cut" nothing happens. Please spoon feed me some more!

I went back and tried to import my new stream into iMovie. When I tried to import the MPEG version the wheels spun like it was doing it, but it stopped after just a 47 second clip. I've gotta leave this for a while and will check back here with you folks in a few hours. I'd be most appreciative for more help. Thanks in advance! ~G

Re: Streamclip Trimming (July 23, 2008 03:22AM) Videot
Re: Streamclip Trimming (July 24, 2008 03:23AM) Gretchen
Wow, fantastic detail and I really appreciate it! there are several files in my VIDEO TS folder. These files are labeled VOB, BUP and IFO, I couldn't exactly 'drag' them into Streamclip, but was able to open the VOB files by RIGHT clicking my mouse and they each came up into Streamclip. However, these VOB files were short bits of the original DVD and not the part I want.
Under DOCUMENTS I can open the entire DVD in a .dv file (6.2 GB) and .mpeg file (16 MB) and play the whole thing in Streamclip. Yet, when i slide the triangle (scrubber?) to where i want to cut or trim, nothing happens. When I click trim, the screen flashes for a second, but it all just stays there, nothing gets trimmed. BTW, i only have ONE scrubber triangle, not two, like in iMovie, where I've used it to edit on either side of a clip. What am i missing or doing wrong? What other tools/updates might i need?
Re: Streamclip Trimming (July 26, 2008 12:04AM) Gretchen
OMG, M that is amazing! How much help you provided was like a lesson in school. Thanks so much! I was able to get a step closer, but still not finished. Using the "I" and "O" did the trick and I got it trimmed down to the portion I want and it is 1.2 GB.
I did't try dragging the VOB files since they didn't contain the right portion, but just opened one of the two .dv files out of my documents folder. Next, I tried to EXPORT to Quicktime using the settings you suggested, but got ERROR: "can't create MOV file". What is up with THAT??? I also tried to select iMovie to create a New Project, and was told my "start up disc is too full, delete files". This is puzzling too because I thought all this stuff went to my hard drive and don't know what a "start up disc" refers to. Please advise at your convenience.

Re: Streamclip Trimming (July 25, 2008 01:39AM) Videot
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login